Founded in 1981, the Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ (FOKO), a non-profit organization, supports the Kotzschmar Organ. Each year the organization presents 16-18 concerts, engaging renowned organists and guest artists from around the world.
FOKO is responsible for the care and maintenance of the organ and provides funds to produce and promote concerts, maintain, repair and enhance the organ, sponsor lectures and organ demonstrations and tours and supports a growing education program to bring awareness and understanding of this musical gem of Portland.
Selected Friends of the Kotzschmar Organ images:
- Letter to City from Dr. Georg Kotzschmar
- Austin Organ console, Portland, 2000
- Console of the Kotzschmar Memorial Organ, 1927
- David Wallace, organ removal crew, Portland, 1995
- 1933 Brass Plate of City Hall stage and Will C. Macfarlane, Municipal Organist
- Kotzschmar Club program back, 1950
- Kotzschmar Memorial Organ, Portland, 2000
- Organist Malcolm Cass, Portland, 1987
- Plumb and Burleigh, founders of FOKO